How to change region code in Windows computer?
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type in devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- When the Device Manager window opens, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click on your DVD player and then select Properties.
- Click on the DVD Region tab. Select the region in which you want to change and click OK.
How to change region code in Mac computer?
- Insert the DVD into the optical drive on your Mac computer. A dialog box will open, prompting you to select a region for your DVD drive.
- Consult the DVD package to verify which region code to use. For example, Canada, the United States, and U.S. territories use Region 1, while China uses Region 6.
- Click the “Change Drive Region to” drop-down menu, and then click the region code.
- Click “Set Drive Region.”
- Click on the “Lock” icon to save your settings.
These are the DVD region codes:
- Region 1 – Canada, the United States, and U.S. territories.
- Region 2 – Japan, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East (including Egypt) and Greenland.
- Region 3 – Southeast Asia, and East Asia (including Hong Kong).
- Region 4 – Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Region 5 – Eastern Europe, Russia, the Indian Subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia.
- Region 6 – China.
- Region 7 – reserved for unspecified special use.
- Region 8 – Special international venues for air and oceanic travel.